Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated
for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St.
David's Round Rock Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any
other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Med Surg Float Pool
Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, our benefits package offers
eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, our nurses play a
vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique.
Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA
Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible
for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for
life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for
our Med Surg Float Pool Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical Surgical Float Pool Registered Nurse, you will be
responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan
of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on
the patient’s response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for
* You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary
team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the
patient’s needs and goals
* You will administer medications and complete treatments
according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in
accordance with standards of practice
* You will provide pre- and post-operative patient care
* You will provide education materials to patients and families
on care and treatments
* You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the
What qualifications you will need:
* 2 years of recent clinical nursing experience as a Registered
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s
* NIHSS certification – required as per St. David’s Healthcare
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification –
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is a
150+ bed acute-care facility located north of
Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the
only hybrid operating room in the county, a
24-hour emergency department with a Level II trauma
center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart
Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock. Patients may also
receive care related to rehabilitation services, women’s services,
cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics,
and more when visiting this facility.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s
HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas
and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We
are interviewing candidates for our Med Surg Float Pool Registered
Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.