Infusion Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Texas Oncology
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Texas Oncology is looking for a Full-time
Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team!This
position will support South Austin location (4101 James Casey St.,
Suite 100 Austin, TX 78745). This location's regular hours
are 8:30am - 5pm Monday-Friday, no weekends or holidays, and no
call. This position also offers a one-time $2,500 sign-on
bonus. Texas Oncology is the largest
community oncology provider in the country and has approximately
600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern
Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care
because they believed in making the best available cancer care
accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at
home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our
mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use
leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality,
high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve
"More breakthroughs. More victories." ® in their fight against
cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all
Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
What does the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN)
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must
recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care
and participates in company-wide quality initiatives. Supports and
adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code
of Ethics and Business Standards.
Texas Oncology requires new employees to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to
applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and
supervision of a physician.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct
medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are
obtained prior to administration of therapies where
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing
labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and
consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains
central lines catheter devices.
- Maintains accurate documentation of assigned patient care and
- Applies knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge
The ideal candidate for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN)
will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 0-3 years of experience with 1 year being
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Round Rock , Infusion Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!