Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Imaging Registered
Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most
to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your
career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's
Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
St. David's Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
St. David's Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN)
in Diagnostic Radiology, under the direction of the physicians, the
Imaging Manager, this position performs nursing support functions
for patients brought to the radiology department. This position
works closely with all other healthcare team members to facilitate
exceptional patient care and efficient completion of both
diagnostic and interventional studies while also promoting optimal
- Provides direct nursing care for Radiology
patients receiving Conscious Sedation and medication
- Administer medications as necessary,
monitoring patient for effect.
- Monitors patient condition before, during,
and after procedures for physiological changes. Reports changes in
patient condition to physician performing procedure.
- Document on patients medical records
- Provide post-procedural care as indicated
for Radiology patients.
- Provide report on patient condition to
receiving unit nurse as appropriate.
- Performs appropriate hand-off communication
per policy, using the appropriate tools
- Assess patient's understanding of procedure
prior to sedation.
- Provide information as needed appropriate to
level of patient.
- Maintain emergency equipment and medication
floor stock with respective areas.
- Check for proper operation of crash
cart/urgent equipment on a daily basis to include when on-call as a
pre-requisite to starting the procedure
- Reports equipment malfunctions to
appropriate service personnel (plant ops. BioMed and Nuclear
- Respond to calls within Radiology areas by
phone within 10 minutes of receipt; be in department dressed and
ready for case within 30-45 minutes of being called in.
- Coordinates coverage for multiple areas
within Radiology department as needed.
- Monitor patients during Nuclear Med Stress
- Administers medications as ordered by
- Manages narcotic medications as outlined by
- Maintains medication stock and ensure
appropriate documentation is completed.
- At least one (1) year of experience in
direct patient care, preferably in a Critical Care area, ER –
- Two (2) years’ experience in Critical Care,
Special Procedures Radiology Department, or other procedural area
administering Conscious Sedation – preferred
- Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) –
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) –
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN)
license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License,
Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per
St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy –required within
one (1) month of hire
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale
(NIHSS) certification –required within one (1) month of
David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital
located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed
facility features a 24-hour emergency department,
the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
(NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute
St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full
scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center
includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services,
joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex
surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The
facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation
hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare,
which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the
third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare
was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and
two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we
encourage you to apply for our Imaging Registered Nurse opening. We
review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by
a member of our team. We are interviewing apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.