Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000
hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Medical
Technologist with St. David's Round Rock Medical Center you can be
a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, we offer
eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes
medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some
unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based
on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading
healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues? Join the St. David's Round Rock Medical Center family!
We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical
Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical Technologist, you will be responsible for
performing moderate and high complexity testing. You will analyze,
review, and report test results and quality control results, and
ensure specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures for
specimen handling and processing.
- You will complete moderate and high complexity testing and
follow laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing,
test analysis, reporting, and maintaining patient result
- You will correctly receive specimens, print labels, and enter
and verify patient data without errors
- You will operate and troubleshoot test systems
- You will identify problems which may adversely affect test
performance or reporting of test results
- You will ensure that test selection and reference ranges are
- You will ensure timely availability of laboratory results
- You will perform quality control activities appropriate to each
assay performed and respond appropriately to outlier results
- You will participate in proficiency testing activities in each
applicable technical area
- 3 years of experience working in an acute care hospital
Laboratory – preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a related field
- Graduation from a clinical rotation or internship from an
accredited medical technology program OR, 50-week military training
course or acceptable equivalent which results in eligibility to
take registry exam in medical technology (Clinical Laboratory
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified as a Medical Technologist by American Society for
Clinical Pathology (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency (NCA),
American Medical Technologists (AMT), or Health, Education, Welfare
- National Credentialing Agency (NCA) Clinical Laboratory
Scientist (CLS) certification – preferred
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is a
150+ bed acute-care facility located north of
Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the
only hybrid operating room in the county, a
24-hour emergency department with a Level II trauma
center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart
Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock. Patients may also
receive care related to rehabilitation services, women’s services,
cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics,
and more when visiting this facility.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s
HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas
and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are
reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.