Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Paramedic? At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the St. David's Round Rock Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Paramedic to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Paramedic like you to be a part of our team.
As a Paramedic, you will collect and convey information to team members and the attending physician regarding the health status of the patient. You will provide patient safety, maintain competence with the charting system, and maintain good working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians, coworkers, and other hospital staff.
- You will collect data and formulate a plan of care for each patient, including expected outcomes
- You will facilitate the flow of patients through the emergency care system
- You will involve and educate the patient and/or family in the patient’s care
- You will answer and receive patient report from emergency medical services on radio
- You will stock, check, and clean equipment such as stretchers, closets, and cabinets as appropriate
- You may administer IV fluids and respiratory treatments
- You will perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and advanced cardiac life support as necessary
- You will assist with splint application, wound cleaning, application of oxygen, suture set up and assistance, chest tube set up, removal of sutures, oral and endotracheal suctioning, catheter insertion, enema insertion, central line tray set up, lumbar puncture set up, thoracentesis set up, and insertion or oral and nasal airways
What qualifications you will need:
1 year of previous experience in an applicable field
Completion of required coursework/graduation from an accredited school for Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training
Graduate of an Associate’s Degree program from an accredited school in Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Texas Department of State Health Services Certified Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Centeris a150+ bedacute-care facility located north of Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features theonly hybrid operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with aLevel II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock. Patients may also receive care related to rehabilitation services, women’s services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics,and morewhen visiting this facility.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Paramedic opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.