We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - Perianesthesia
(Will work in PreOp, Phase 1, and Phase 2)
Ascension Seton Williamson - Round
Full Time Monday - Friday 12 hour
shifts, between 7am and 9:30pm. On call requirement 4-5 12 hour
shifts per month during after hours weekday evening/nights and
Weekend 7a-7p or 7p-7a.
**Prefer 2 years perianesthesia
(PACU and Day Surgery) experience.
**Care of post surgical patients
**BLS and ACLS
**Current acute hospital experience
Now Offering up to $30K Sign-On
bonus/Relocation Bonus at
*Payout based on education,
experience and specialty
Here is why you want to work at
Ascension Seton Williamson:
What You Will Do:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Primary Stroke Center
- Pathway to Excellence has been achieved
- 8 Operating Rooms
- 3,8000 procedures annually including complex surgery such
- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Innovative technology that supports a variety of complex
- Two daVinci Xi robots for general, thoracic, and GYN
- Stryker and Medtronic Navigation for orthopedic, spine,
and neurosurgical procedures
- O-arm for spine surgery
- ProAxis Spine table for complex spine surgery
- MAKO robot for total knee arthroplasty
- High surgeon satisfaction ratings
- Low staff turnover
- Partnership with Texas A&M School of Nursing to provide
Perioperative Internship/Capstone for spring semester students (in
4th year currently). This is a focused clinical experience
involving completion of AORN Periop 101 modules and 120 hours of
clinical experience for 4 nursing students.
Communicate with patients prior to
scheduled surgery to ensure that required patient education and
clinical assessment are accomplished.
What You Will Need:
- Conduct an in-depth interview with patient to ensure full
understanding of the surgical procedure, required preparation, and
all other relevant information.
- Review patient’s medical history and medications, assess health
status, and identify any medical anomalies that may impact planned
- Initiate consultation with other physicians and/or order
additional pre-operative testing, as needed.
- Provide counsel to patient or patient’s representative
regarding timing, transportation before and after surgery, and
planning for in-patient stay as needed.
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas,
has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding
career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the
University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell
Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career
and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a
rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information