Personal Banker II
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 25, 2022
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next
employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you
want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as
the communities that they are in? At Cadence Bank we are more than
just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values
and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with
Position: Personal Banker II
Organizational Location: Round Rock, Texas
Reports To: Branch Manager
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions
Job Group Category: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (may vary)
Salary: Pay starts at $18 per hour
The ideal Personal Banker uncovers the financial needs of each
customer and makes recommendations to address those needs. The
Personal Banker performs customer services, such as opening new
accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening retirement
accounts, assisting customers with queries concerning bank
services, and provides basic cash receipt and payment services in
accordance with BancorpSouth procedures. The Personal Banker is
responsible for developing new business relationships and
maintaining existing relationships.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the branch in achieving individual and team goals,
while always acting in the customer's best interest.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all customers while
treating all customers and prospects in a fair and equitable
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of bank products and
- Engages customers and prospects through the use of questions to
discover financial needs.
- Presents and educates customers and prospects on the benefits
of solutions offered by BancorpSouth, including digital services
and other self-service options.
- Actively refers customers to appropriate specialists and other
lines of business to fulfill specialized needs.
- Proactively seeks prospects for new business through outreach
- Assists customers by answering questions, researching
transactions, etc., while maintaining compliance and policy
- Represents the bank in community affairs and civic
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Opens new deposit accounts and performs maintenance as needed
on existing deposit accounts including:
- Prepares account paperwork, receives new account deposits and
ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
* Performs teller duties including:
- Processes checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies
amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals after verification of
customer's signatures and balances.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares total
amounts to computer-generated sheet and reports any discrepancies
to the Head Teller as necessary.
- Checks night depository bags and records proper
- Ensures that the teller stations are properly stocked with
forms, supplies, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other
approved training program.
- Prefer six month's experience in the teller function, as well
as sales experience, particularly in cross-marketing products and
- Excellent sales, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of BancorpSouth's products and
- Above average computer and keyboard skills
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
BancorpSouth is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other status protected under applicable local,
state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or
any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal
Keywords: BancorpSouth, Round Rock , Personal Banker II, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!