Company: Valex Corporation
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Production Supervisor - Texas Weldment DivisionRound Rock,
Pay: $75,000 - $90,000
Valex Corp has an open Production Supervisor role to join our
newest manufacturing operation in Round Rock, TX. The objective is
to lead, supervise and coordinate the execution of
manufacturing-based activities from start-up. This candidate will
report to the site Operations Manager. At Valex Corp, safety and
employee/customer experience is at the heart of what we do. The
candidates for this role must have the ability to lead by example,
including execution of operations and customer deliverables. Our
Round Rock facility is a new start-up operation for our global
organization, so having the ability to be agile and comfortable
being uncomfortable is a must. This is an exciting time to join
- Responsible for supervising all production related internal
departments for the Round Rock, TX site.
- Supervise / execute all day-to-day manufacturing shop-based
activities. (Safe work Environment, Zero Defects, On Time Delivery
to Commit, Support Manufacturing Resource Assessments
- Implementation of continuous improvement via
manufacturing-based process improvements. (Collaboration with
- Implementation and in some cases creation of manufacturing
process-based work instructions (WBI's).
- Support of the development and maintenance of training /
certification programs for production team members.
- Part of the decision-making process for the evaluation and
hiring of new production personnel.
- Support development plans for manufacturing personnel
(Interdepartmental cross training)
- Work closely with all internal customers
(Safety/Operations/Quality/Engineering/Sales etc. )
- Promote / Maintain a Safety-first culture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with GTAW Welding process and supporting functions
for tube weldment manufacturing.
- Familiarity with high purity inert gasses and systems
- Familiarity with Sheetmetal laser cutting and forming
- Familiarity with CNC machining (Mills/Lathes)
- Familiarity with CNC tube bending
- Familiarity with ASME Section IX BPVC compliance
- Working knowledge of ERP/Shop Floor Control Systems
- Working knowledge of copy exact and documentation
- Working knowledge of 6S and Lean principles
- Strong leadership, organizational skills
- Strong understanding of facility work center utilization and
overall production efficiency.
- Strong ability to work effectively with intercompany
departments to ensure that site delivery and quality issues are
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Associates degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering
- 5+ Years direct work experience to be considered over
- ASME AWS Certifications are a plus but not required
- 6 Sigma Certifications are a plus but not required
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience preferably in a high
purity stainless steel products-based environment.
- 5+ years of utilizing ERP and Shop Floor Control
- 2+ years of directly related 6S + Lean Fundamentals
Manufacturing environment preferred
- 1+ years in leadership position promoting company mission,
strong team building and personnel development
- Work to be performed partially in an office environment as well
as a shop environment.
- Will be required to enter ISO Class 5 cleanroom following
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work may require the ability to lift 10-20 pounds
- Ability to Talk (Communicate) and use computer for extended
periods of time may be required.
- Consistent walking through shop environment, standing, sitting,
walking throughout the day.
- Environment includes moderate noise levels, manufacturing
- Environment includes inert gasses
- Environment includes cleaning materials (Ex. IPA, De-Greasers,
- Occasional travel to Corporate Headquarters (Ventura, Ca) may
Since 1976, Valex has been the leading manufacturer of ultra-high
purity (UHP) process components used in the semiconductor, TFT/LCD,
and solar industries. From components to manufacturing, assembly to
testing - Valex is your One Trusted Source. Over the years, we've
introduced advances in electropolishing, precision cleaning,
welding and developed leading techniques for spool assembly
integration. We offer unprecedented capacity of stainless steel
tube, fittings, valves, and manifolds. You won't find an empty help
desk or stagnant innovation at Valex. Instead, you'll find an
earnest and supportive customer service team, and a development
crew with the drive for advancing continuous improvement and
Valex offers excellent benefits along with the active lifestyle of
a mid-sized coastal community offering many recreational,
educational, and cultural opportunities. Our highly competitive
benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
and short/long-term disability. In addition, we offer a competitive
401(k) savings plan, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Join our team today!
Keywords: Valex Corporation, Round Rock , Production Supervisor, Professions , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!