External Threat Response Analyst Senior (REMOTE)
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a versatile External Threat
Response Analyst Senior to join our Cyber Incident Response
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
manager. This position may also have the option of working 100%
remotely in the U.S.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About
USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.We're proud
of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about
our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and
collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing
more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative
problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting
challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.Job
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads peers and team members in the execution of the
Information Security domain activities while anticipating efforts
that will impact their team.
- Researches and analyzes the latest information security
vulnerabilities, threats, exploits, trends and intelligence. -
Shares intelligence with peer teams.
- Conducts advanced vulnerability management, security
configuration assessments, and/or penetration testing operations
and manages the resulting findings.
- Develops analysts through training and knowledge sharing
- Monitors internal and external networks, systems, and
applications for advanced security anomalies and events (e.g.
suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches). - Trains
analysts in incident detection and response.
- Responds to cyber incidents, performing detailed analysis using
complex security tools to determine root cause and impact by using
a broad range of demonstrated experience (e.g. forensics,
networking, servers, coding, etc.) to determine a malicious actor's
tactics, techniques, and procedures. Trains new analysts in
incident detection and response.
- Utilizes discoveries from the incident response process to make
significant and/or complex improvements to the existing detection
capabilities, operational processes and security controls.
- Prepares and delivers written and/or verbal briefs with
recommendations to senior leadership on latest threats, alerts,
incidents, and improvements.
- Provides insight on issues and serves as a mentor and coach to
peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of related experience in Information Security,
Cybersecurity and/or Information Technology with a security focus
to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 4 years of related experience in one of the following domains:
Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Architecture
and Engineering, Communications and Network Security, Identity and
Access Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security
Operations, Software Development Security.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
- Knowledge of attacker tools/tactics/procedures and applying
them to access management, governance, threat hunting,
investigations, and incident response.
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and security
architecture.When you apply for this position, you will be required
to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience with Performing Investigations and/or Threat Hunting
on the Endpoint and in the Network
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience with Python or PowerShell
- Experience with building Threat Detections, Threat Hunting
and/or Incident Response
- Familiarity with enterprise logging technologies such as
Elastic (ELK stack) or Splunk
- Familiarity with KANSA, Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR),
OSQuery, and / or Velociraptor
- Familiarity with malware analysis using Sandbox technology or
- One or more of the following certifications: GCFA, GPEN, GCFA,
GCIH, GNFA, GREM, GDAT, GPEN, GXPN, OSCP, GWAPT, AWSThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$106,800 - $192,300* Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Round Rock , External Threat Response Analyst Senior (REMOTE), Professions , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!